Wednesday, November 16, 2011

the door of higher education is about to be shut. & changes all around i see.



One month from today I will graduate from the University of Montevallo, and I couldn't be prouder or more excited about this! On December 16, 2011 I will be the holder of a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a minor in art. I am still figuring out and searching out what I will be doing in the new year, but I am sure the Lord will show me and give me a job that is exactly what I need.



Today my best friend is moving to Wyoming, and it is one of the hardest things for me to grasp. It is very difficult to see my bosom buddy move miles away and know that all the things I love doing will be without her presence. We have been together through so many seasons of life--school, ballet, college, and now, transition.



I know that I will see her again soon and that I will be visiting her in the new year, but still the same, it is hard to know that she won't be by my side when I run 5Ks, plie at the barre, sip dark roast at "Tibet," make lists of lofty hopes, hike our favorite places, get lost in the Magic City when we know actually where we are, and need a shoulder to cry on. Who will understand our Laverne and Shirley moments, when I don't have Shirley here to share them with? I am excited that she has this opportunity to explore new surroundings and try new things, but this separation will be tough. I am crushed to see her leave, but in the meantime I plan my adventure to see her!!



"memories for miles and miles
summers falls winters and springs
Ruby you take it in
see He's withheld no good thing." - sara groves

No comments: