Tuesday, May 25, 2010

oldies for goodies sake!

I am an old movie (black and white preferably) fanatic. I love discovering old films I have never watched before that most people have probably never heard of or seen. Every time I visit my cousin we end up watching a fabulous black and white. I just returned from a visit this past weekend, and we watched My Man Godfrey. It was one of the cutest movies I have seen in a while. I have about exhausted all of my old favorites that I own, and would love to keep adding to my beloved collection. This must go into my collection. The visit before that we watched Vivacious Lady--another great film. And this had my favorite actor too--Jimmy Stewart! Here are a few of my favorite films, along with those mentioned above, that may or may not be familiar, but I think are just fantastic!

My Man Godfrey
I love this movie! It's so funny!

Vivacious Lady
A wonderful movie starring James Stewart and Ginger Rogers.


Dear Ruth

This is one of the cutest movies I have ever seen, and it is so difficult to find on DVD or VHS. I first saw this movie about 10 years ago or so. It stars William Holden.
Love it!


The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer

I love this movie! It is so funny! Three of my favorite movie stars all in the same film. Shirley Temple is all grown up!


It Happened One Night

This is a more known movie, but I had to include it since it's one of my favorites and it is a very old movie. Very funny.


Shop Around the Corner

Love this movie...it has Jimmy Stewart! He's brilliant in all of his movies!


The Philadelphia Story

It has three of my favorites in it, and of course that includes Jimmy Stewart and Carey Grant! Many people do not like Katharine Hepburn, but I am actually a fan of her.


Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Love, love, love this movie! Being a huge Stewart fan, this automatically fell into my list of favorites. And I just love Jean Arthur...she's so funny and cute! (You Can't Take it With You is another great one and includes both of them).


Arsenic and Old Lace

I watch this movie every Halloween night. It's such a great movie! I love Peter Lorre in this film.


14 Hours

Grace Kelly's first movie, and I love it! Her role is minor and short, but does it beautifully. I am certain many people would find this movie boring, but I love it not just because Grace is in it, but because I think it is very intriguing.


Sunset Boulevard

Probably a more famous movie among this list, but I know that there are plenty of people who have never seen this movie. Many people, I'm sure, would think this is a rather strange and depressing movie, but I love it and love William Holden's humor.


Rope

Another James Stewart and of course, I love it! I'm a huge Alfred Hitchcock fan, and think the plot is brilliant.


The Lady Vanishes
Love this movie's plot and the fact that it is an old Alfred Hitchcock.

No comments: